Committing Adultery and Criminal Charge under Korean Law

Previously I had a chance to write a post about a divorce issue when a husband did an act of unchastity.  By the way, what if he did commit an adultery?  It surely not only constitutes a legal ground for divorce in favor of the wife, but also the wife can accuse the husband of adultery to the police.  That is because, according to the Korean Criminal Law, unlikely with the U.S. law, a married person who commits adultery shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than 2 years.

If you have any question about Korean criminal law related issues, please visit our Legal Consultation center or send your inquiry email directly by clicking here.  Our Korean licensed criminal lawyers, not a U.S. lawyer residing in Korea, will answer your inquiry.

Also you can find a stack of competent legal information and articles on Korean family law and criminal law, written by a Korean licensed lawyer, by clicking here and here.

© 2008 Chung & Partners, a Korean Law Firm.  All rights reserved.


  1. So if an American husband is having an affair with a married Korean woman, can the American wife file charges civil or criminal against the Korean woman? And if so how would I go about doing so?

Leave Your Comment